Medicare Cognitive Screening
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit – Consumer Information
Effective January 1, 2011 Medicare now provides an Annual Wellness Visit benefit, in addition to the “Welcome to Medicare” physical exam that occurs only in the first year of joining Medicare. The Annual Wellness Visit benefit includes several preventive health services, including “detection of any cognitive impairment”. This is a new medical exam that has some important implications for both patients and physicians.
MyBrainTest has received several questions from readers on cognitive screening tests for Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and early signs of Alzheimer’s Disease. The following Fact Sheet is intended to provide useful information on this new Medicare screening service:
Health Care Providers – Annual Wellness Visit Templates
MyBrainTest offers a set of Annual Wellness Visit forms and templates for physicians and health care professionals. Subscribe here if you wish to be notified by email when any of these Annual Wellness Visit encounter forms are updated.
(1) Standard Annual Wellness Visit Exam Template/Form. A complete documentation template to perform the Annual Wellness Visit:
(2) A complete Annual Wellness Visit record that every patient can take home:
A sturdy folder with tabs for the Medicare Screening Template (My Wellness Schedule), “My Medications”, My Immunizations”, “My Health Care Team”, Health Risk Assessment (HRA), and more:
With this portfolio kit, your patients leave the office with a handy system that tracks their Medicare personalized preventive screening schedule (PPPS), and helps organize their medical records for the next Annual Wellness Visit:
>>Get started with an initial AWV Portfolio® kit of 100 units, and see how your practice can increase patient satisfaction and also grow a new profit center. Click the “Learn More” button to choose the right AWV kit for your practice:
(Optional) Review Guide and Analysis of Cognitive Health Testing Tools, including:
- Summary and comparison of cognitive assessment and screening products
- Sample computerized cognitive test reports
- Detailed information on cognitive domains tested, computer requirements, total testing time, and published research for each product
- Reimbursement guidelines for cognitive testing, including all available billing code options.
Email any questions or comments on the Annual Wellness Visit template kit to: